Friday, March 26, 2010

FROM HIGH BROW TO OUT OF CONTROL IN ALABAMA!!!!

Oh my, what a couple of nights I have had.  I just had to share it right away.  I want music, lots of music and art and all that wonderful stuff that make images come alive and there is lots of it down here.  So last night I went to the opera.  It was a performance of "The Flying Dutchman" by the Mobile Opera.  It was wonderful, colorful, beautiful and fabulous.


So I left Mobile but will be back because I need to see flowers and green grass.  Nothing has popped yet!  I was excited to travel back to Montgomery where I have spent quite a bit of time.  This visit, however, was for a very special event - The Alabama Country Hall of Fame Inductees.  Was I in for a treat! Guitar players twanged and lights flashed and finally the entire audience danced in the halls. It was really rockin!


Then the Blind Alabama Boys came out...the audience went wild!!!! I did too!!!!


I had no idea what was still in store for me!  Pure Alabama Country and Soul!


Eddie Levert...That's right, Mr. Soul Train Himself.  By the time he was done taking us all on the train, I was worn out.  But it was not over.  The very best was the very last.  Thank goodness!!!


Percy Sledge......WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN.......!!!!!!!  Oh, my; Oh, my, my, my.
The original version no less.  But then he got down on his hands and knees.  I wept!!!!!


There he was singing my very favorite song right in front of me on his hands and knees.  I screamed and screamed and the floor shook with the audience going wild.  It was exhausting! Oh, Alabama, you have so very much to offer.  These talented artist are all Alabama born and raised.  I am just plain "lovin it" down here.  Now all I need is some warm days and I might even start to talk "southern."  Talk some "Dixie" talk.

Stay tuned for rattlesnakes and gun fights...and some caves too.

No comments:

Post a Comment